Saturday, November 19, 2005

5K


My first 5K in an actual race and I am proud to say I did not come in last place. I beat my Hubby. hehehe. I did not run, though, I walked. My Mom, however, finished 1st in her division, which is no surprise as she usually gets that place in these races. She has a bookcase full with medals and trophies. ^_^ We're so proud of her and I can safely say that she's the city champ - she has finished first in all of the Brownsville races so far (she does 5k, 10, and half marathons).

This was quite exciting and while I doubt i'll ever actually 'run' the 5K, I think I can manage speed walking it in less time with a bit more practice.

:D

Anyway, we got home, took showers, and crashed 'til about 2:30pm. Then we went to Donna (city about 45 mins away from home) because we got an invitation from our friends there to eat Mediterranean food. Yummy! I had some babakukasha... erm or something like that which is an eggplant dish. Hubby had that plus kofta which looked similar to meatloaf but without the tomato sauce (olive oil and mediterranean spices). Our friends introduced us to another very nice couple - she's a local from the Valley and he is from New Zealand... and the catch that my friend Mel said when she invited me and Hubby for dinner was, "And I know all our husbands will get along great 'cause they are all nerds." Hehehe. All in the Computer Science field so yeap they had a lot to talk about. ^_^

It was a nice Saturday.

1 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

HAHAHAHAHA. You funny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home